Thanksgiving is finally here and we’re all looking forward to connecting with family, friends, and loved ones. While you’re sure to have plenty of helping hands in the kitchen, don’t forget to include your little one in the Thanksgiving festivities!
Cooking as a family is the perfect opportunity to make fun and long-lasting memories while helping your budding babe learn new skills and keeping them busy. At Elle Olivia, we’re all about inspiring BIG dreams and new experiences and allowing your child to assist in the kitchen can help spark your kids inner chef! For the parents with picky eaters, it’s also a great way to pique their curiosity and make them more open to trying new foods.
The hardest part can be finding easy recipes kids can actually help with. While the grown ups focus on dinner, have your mini focus on the best part- the treats! We’ve put together a list of 10 adorable kid-friendly and delicious Thanksgiving recipes that you can enjoy making with your future culinary artist!
Click on links below for full recipes:
- Magical Pumpkin Cake (via Sugar, Spice & Glitter)- This is a 3-layer cake of decadence! Pumpkin pie at the bottom, rich chocolate cake in the middle, and a fluffy vanilla mousse on top.
- Turkey Brownies (via Mommy’s Bundle)- Traditional chocolate brownies with an adorable thanksgiving twist!
- Mini Pumpkin Pies (via Beauty Through Imperfection)- A tinier take on a Thanksgiving classic. The perfect size for little hands!
- Chocolate & Pumpkin Spice Truffles (via The Soccer Mom Blog)- drop one of these pumpkin themed truffles into a hot cup of coffee and stir to create a rich & creamy pumpkin spice mocha latte or hot milk to make hot cocoa for the little ones.
- Turkey Pretzels (via My Heavenly Recipes)- What is there not to love about these Turkey Pretzels? Not only are the easy to make, they use leftover Halloween Candy and come together in just a few minutes.
- Harvest Puppy Chow (via Made to be a Momma)- An easy fun fall treat! It combines the classic flavors of puppy chow with some new ones!
- Mini Pumpkin Pie Pops (via One Little Project)- These mini pumpkin pie pops have all of the wonderful flavors of pumpkin pie in a cute little single sized portion. A perfect cross between pumpkin pie and a pumpkin cookie.
- Acorn Donut Hole (via Mom Spark)- Acorn Donut Holes made with store-bought donut holes, Nutella or chocolate frosting, fall sprinkles, and stick pretzels! A quick, simple, and fun bite-sized way to celebrate fall.
- Caramel Apple Slices (via Domestically Blissful)- Caramel Apple Slices are a delicious twist on a fall classic that is easier to eat and enjoy at parties or just for fun!
- Candy Corn Fruit Cocktail (via Family Fresh Meals)- A fun and healthy treat! Keep that sweet tooth satisfied with some fresh pineapple, oranges and whipped cream, with a couple pieces of candy corn on top.
Have fun making these terrific treats and Happy Thanksgiving from Elle Olivia!